Frequently Asked Questions About Window Coverings
Search through all of our frequently asked questions about window coverings. Contact us if you’re question has not been answered and we will happily help you learn more about choosing window coverings for your home or office.
It all depends on the availability of the fabric. From there, a safe estimate is 2-4 weeks to manufacture your new drapes.
Yes, we alter ready made draperies in our designer workroom.
- Size – They are custom made to fix the exact size your designer measures so it fits your window perfectly.
- Style – You can choose from a number of different styles that we offer to give your room a unique look.
- Fabric – You get to choose from our extensive fabric library rather than look at pictures of fabric online. Pictures never do the actual fabric justice.
- Lining – We offer wide range of linings that you can choose from to help protect your draperies and make them last along time.
Learn more about our custom draperies and blinds for your home or office.
Yes. After exposure to dust, cooking, tobacco smoke residues, and other pollutants, your drapes will need to be professionally and thoroughly cleaned. Dry cleaning is recommended for draperies and sheers though some people prefer to have sheers laundered rather than dry cleaned.
In either case, call us or set an appointment to take down, press, dry clean or launder, and professionally reinstall your draperies, sheers, and valances. Most draperies should be professionally cleaned after 2-3 years. Of course environmental circumstances and other factors affect the recommended cleaning interval.
Yes, by all means hard window coverings (Blinds, Shades and Shutters) can be used with fabric treatments. Putting a valance over a shade/blind adds a finish look, warmth and a complete look to your room. Also, adding side panels to shades, blinds or even shutters adds warmth and color in addition to making a small window look larger.
Set an appointment to answer all your questions related to purchasing draperies.
- Exposure to smoke/steam
- Protect floors, furnishings or artwork?
- Need Temperature control
- Need Light control
- Want Noise control (Dampen sounds in rooms with wood floors etc..)
- Allergens/Healthy living
- Energy Efficient?