Muriel Baker founded Galaxy Draperies in 1976. Just one year later, Muriel’s son Rick joined her. Muriel’s focus was custom window coverings that were high quality, from a business that truly cared about its customers. While Muriel is no longer with us, her son Rick continues her vision to this day. His family – wife Diane and children David, Matt, and Jenna – all work in our Los Angeles family business.
Galaxy Draperies offers custom window treatments and awnings throughout Los Angeles & the San Fernando Valley.
With more than 46 years under our belts, and as members of the community, we take pride in our knowledge and expertise. Our team of experienced Design Consultations are all trained in Interior Design and work passionately with you to produce custom window treatments that suit your own unique style, preferences, and needs.
We don’t contract out our installers either. Our skilled installation team is trained by us and employed by us. There’s no passing the buck onto third party contractors, and unlike general contractors, window coverings and awnings are all our team does. Between our Design Consultants and Installers, our Customer Service team and more, we have set ourselves up to make sure your custom draperies, shades, blinds, shutters, or awnings come out perfectly the first time.
We’re always here when you need us, and our goal is to make sure you’re thrilled with your end results.
At Galaxy Draperies we use our expertise and experience to help you design and select custom window coverings, manufactured in our workroom and installed by seasoned professionals, that meet your needs and style at a great value. We pride ourselves on the principle of quality products at reasonable prices, with the assurance of the highest level of customer service.
OUR CORE VALUES
- Make a friend – Whether it’s our fellow team members or our customers we interact with, we strive to create positive relationships with everyone we come into contact with.
- Driven – In everything we do, we apply our best effort. It’s the only way we know how to do business.
- Dedicated – Our top priority is the customer’s satisfaction on every project, no matter what.
- Growth oriented – With our core values in place, we feel it’s possible to create the best environment for growth. And we mean mutual growth – for us as a business and for you
- Teamwork – Nobody achieves success all on their own. That’s why we place such an emphasis on teamwork.
- Reputation – We’re a longtime family-owned company, and we’re neighbors in the community. That’s why it’s so important to us to treat our customers the right way and uphold the positive reputation we’ve worked so hard to build.